Was so pleased with myself for combining update letter with new address and phone number, Christmas card and evening wedding invite. Only to find I am going to be receiving lots of personal phone calls at work. Doh! Must live there or something!
Wrapped my hair in Turkey foil and relaxed in the bath to let my hair cook. Timer went off – pulled out the plug, lathered up my hair and stood up and rinsed it in the shower until the water ran clear from my head. Didn’t say anything in the instructions about my plug hole taking forever to drain the bath. Still ….,. My feet look nicely tanned for this time of year! Xx
After weeks of renovations and days waiting for running water and a flushing loo, I have decided the plumber has definitely missed his calling – I don’t know what it is. It something whereby he can’t get his wires (or pipes crossed) We now have cold water coming out of the hot tap and hot out of the cold and a pump that comes in every time we flush the loo. I have discovered the latter occurs as it is flushing hot water so no peeing if we want a bath or shower!
When I started in the surgery 5 months ago it took me a while to figure I had to wave my hand at the black dot on the wall to get the taps to deliver water. Once going though they seemed to take forever to stop and I do wash my hands thoroughly. In fact they would run for so long patients would comment “that will stop in a minute won’t it?” I’ve given the continued response that they take forever to go off but do eventually stop whilst feeling really bad about the waste of water. Then yesterday I rinsed my cup, sat back at my desk with door propped open when Natalie popped her head in and said “you’re waters still running” I was just about respond when I saw her wave at the black spot on the wall to make the water stop. Hopefully I’m ok with the blood pressure machine?!
Still, it’s not quite as bad as in the last surgery when there was a light switch to unlock doors. I used to get confused and turn off lights instead which was fine until winter came and I’d regularly plunge the full waiting room into darkness!
Mark : have you just been sick?Me: No. why?
Mark: well your on your hands and knees on the bathroom floor
Me: yes. It’s called cleaning!
On cold crisp days, I love to layer my clothes and utilise summer dresses by wearing a long sleeved top and opaque tights underneath and finally donning my boots. I decided to do this today and, after swimming, I got dressed and then went into the communal changing area to dry my hair. And then the strange looks started. You know like when you’ve got a bit of spinach stuck in your teeth and the person you’re talking too doesn’t know whether to tell you or not. But they weren’t looking at my mouth. Panic – I bet I’ve tucked my dress in my tights. Discreet feel. Double panic – I forgot to put my dress on!
Gremlins are sent to try us but if we wait long enough we may be shown some mercy. Take yesterday for example …..
I had my whole day off planned:
• Go see the builders at my house
• Go get my nail fixed
• Go see my soon to be boss
• Pick up Zoe and get my tattoo finished
• Grab lunch
• Meet Mark at carpet shop to get flooring
• Go to B&Q and pick up loft ladders
What actually happened was:
• I got caught up with the builders so had to go straight to meeting with boss to be – who did not show as had forgotten and gone to another meeting – which I found out after 45 minutes of waiting.
• Decided to go to nail bar but my son Jack rang – he has a shift – drove across town home, picked him up and took him to work
• Drove back across town to pick Zoe up to find she had already gone to the tattoo studio
• Drove back across town to studio and got tattoo finished
• Discovered Jack had secretly filmed me and put a post on snap chat
• Got a gluten free sandwich and started to eat it down the high street
• Got a thump on the back of the head which made me drop my lunch, saw a flurry of white and the seagull finishing it off
• Met Mark at carpet shop and swapped cars so I could take his to put loft ladders in
• Picked up Jack from work
• Got back to Lowestoft and realised I had forgotten to get the ladders
• Went to Turkish restaurant with Jack but had to send my meal back and got a free Raki each and some wonderful chicken wings instead
• Table of people came in asking for Raki but were informed they were completely sold out – which led to Jack and I hiding behind our serviettes to drink ours and laughing our heads off
• High up woman from Jacks hospital came in and sat behind us. I told him not to worry – if she was that high up she probably wouldn’t recognise him anyway, at which point he pointed out his uniform
• When we got home I noticed jack filming me with his pesky phone. I told him to stop because my hair was a mess and I needed to find his dry shampoo. Result. Found it and sprayed it all over my head to discover it was shaving foam and in laughter knocked a can of dark berry fruits all over the only remain carpet in the house which just happens to be cream!
The gremlins are obvious.
The Mercy? To see and hear my son laugh so much until he cried